7 Things to Remember for Your Interview
The interview is your time to shine. The following points will ensure you make the best impression:
1. Be early. Nothing makes for a bad impression more than being late, except for maybe having your cell phone ring during the interview.
2. Dress professionally. This is the time to bring out the iron and put on the suit.
3. Be confident. It is okay to be nervous, but you need to be confident. Start with a firm handshake.
4. Know about our firm. If you don’t know about us, then why do you think you would be a good fit? Hint… start with our website.
5. Ask for clarification if you don’t understand the question. One of the key things we are testing for is active listening and communication skills. If you go off track, we won’t reel you back in.
6. Provide personal examples in your responses. General responses won’t cut it. We need to hear examples of how you dealt with the situations we are inquiring about.
7. Come with questions for us.
After a great interview, the last step is for our HR department to contact your references. Make sure you have told them to expect our call.
4 Items to Prepare for the Meet Your Employer Events
The Meet Your Employer events are your chance to interact with us. These events help you get to know what makes each firm different and to find your potential fit.
- Outfit - Ensure that you present yourself professionally. This means dressing professionally. No three piece suits needed, but don’t look like you just rolled out of bed or were heading to the gym.
- Introduction – Be confident, say hello, state your name, shake our hands and tell us a bit about yourself. If you walk up and stare at us, we might just stare back…
- Questions – Come prepared with questions. What is important to you? What do you need to know to make your choice as to which accounting firms to apply to?
- Lasting impression – How are we going to remember you? Is there something special about yourself that you can share us? Do you have a business card to leave with us?
If you made a connection with one of us at a Meet Your Employer event and wish to apply for a CPA Articling Student position, please visit our website https://pivotalcpa.ca/careers
Please include a reminder of who you met at the event and why you think you would be a fit for Pivotal.
10 Points to Ensure Your Resume Gets Noticed
Reviewing resumes for potential CPA articling students can be a difficult process. Our HR department is evaluating you, the applicant, for an interview based on a piece of paper. Don’t make it easy for us to dismiss you.
Here are a few important points to remember:
2018 Charity Slo-Pitch Tournament
We are still in awe at the amazing community support for our first Charity Slo-Pitch Tournament, that we held June 22-24, 2018 at Edgar Athletic Park in Red Deer. The 15 team turnout was outstanding and we wanted to thank each of those teams for their commitment and go-get-em-ness that you all showed...even when the weather wasn't being our best friend.