Pivotal is a progressive accounting firm, rooted in tradition, with a forward-thinking outlook. We take a professional and personalized approach towards our clients and fellow colleagues, while always striving to continually grow both personally as individuals and professionally as an organization. We encourage and challenge our new team members beyond their technical training to gain real world experiences to enrich their designation within a very short time frame. For students who article with us, we look to their future within our firm as leaders both here and in our community.
- Develop technical skills and receive training in all areas of accounting, assurance and taxation on projects such as bookkeeping, compilations, reviews, audits, corporate and personal tax
- Be involved in projects from planning to preparation through to completion
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Prioritize and complete work in a fast-paced environment
- Interact and communicate with other team members and clients effectively in a professional manner
- Work with the seasonality of our business and be prepared to contribute more hours in the first half of the year and less in the second half
- Travel to clients’ offices as necessary
- Have the necessary post-secondary and other requirements to begin the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) upon employment
- Previous accounting and customer services experience is desirable
- Experience with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Sage and Quickbooks is an asset
Our Firm's Core Values
Respect: We demonstrate a high regard and confidence in the abilities of others and appreciate their achievements and contributions.
Continuous Learning: We enhance our own capabilities by being committed to continuous learning and development.
Integrity: We demonstrate sound character and uphold the highest ethical conduct in all circumstances.
Drive: We instinctively pursue our personal best, and better.
Accountability: We take responsibility for our thoughts, actions, and behaviors by upholding our commitments.
Position start date is September 8, 2020
Please use the following link to submit your resume with unofficial transcripts attached and cover letter: https://pivotalcpa.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=33
Deadline to apply is 4:00pm on September 16, 2019.